Cheese Enchilada Casserole
CHEESE ENCHILADA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon leaf oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, or a Mexican blend of cheeses
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 16 (6-inch) corn tortillas
sliced ripe olives In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups cheese and onions. Preheat oven to 350°. Warm tortillas in microwave then dip them in the tomato sauce mixture; lay them in a lightly greased 9x13x2-inch casserole dish. Fill each tortilla with cheese and onion mixture; roll. Repeat until dish is full. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. 4 Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cheese enchiladas are ready to serve 8 great persons....enjoy it !