A nice cheese enchilada recipe to try !
- 1 1/2 c. each sour cream and sm. curd cottage cheese
- 1 env. (1 oz.) instant onion soup
- 1 c. finely chopped green onion
- Salad oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- About 1 lg. can (7 oz.) green chiles, seeded and cut in 12 thick strips
- 1 lb. Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
In a bowl combine sour cream, cottage cheese, onion soup and green onions; set aside.
In a frying pan, heat about 1/4 inch oil over medium heat; drop tortillas, one at a time, into the oil, turn over and lift out when limp, 2 to 3 seconds total. Drain.
Spoon about 1/4 cup of the sour cream mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with 1 green chile strip. (If you prefer mildly seasoned enchiladas, taste the chiles and use a thinner strip.) Roll up and place side by side, seam down, in 9x13 baking pan.
Spoon remaining cream mix evenly over tortillas, then pour over the enchilada sauce and sprinkle remaining Jack cheese over all. Bake uncovered; 350 degrees, 30 minutes until bubbly. Let stand 5-10 minutes. The cheese enchilada recipe is ready to serve....!