Low Fat Cheese Enchilada Recipe
A great cheese enchilada recipe to try......
Cheese Enchilada Recipe Ingredients
* 1 pound low fat queso blanco (or Monterey Jack), grated
* 1/4 pound low fat pepper jack, grated for topping
* 1 package corn tortillas (about a dozen or so)
* 1/4 cup yellow onion, small diced
* 1/4 cup red onion, small diced
* 1/4 cup red pepper, small diced
* 1/4 cup green pepper, small diced
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 serving of enchilada sauce, warmed
* Vegetable oil for frying the tortillas
* Olive oil for sweating the vegetables
Cheese Enchilada Recipe Instructions
1. In a 12-inch pan, put enough olive oil to just barely coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Set over a medium-low heat.
3. Add the peppers and almost all of the onions.
4. Slowly sweat the onions and peppers until the onions just start to become translucent.
5. Add the garlic and continue to sweat until it becomes fragrant.
6. Remove from heat and let cool.
7. Once the onion/pepper mix is cooled, mix it into the grated low fat queso blanco.
8. Add the uncooked onions and mix thoroughly.
9. Add an inch of vegetable oil to a pan that is at least two inches deep and heat to at least 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Using tongs, dip the corn tortillas one at a time into the oil until they just start to bubble.
11. Remove the tortilla from the oil and dip them one or twice very quickly.
12. Place on a drying rack or a paper towel to drain and cool.
13. Once the fried tortilla is cool enough to handle, place about an ounce of the cheese mixture in the middle of the tortilla, enough to go across the tortilla with about a half inch margin on both sides and about an inch high.
14. You should have enough cheese for about 12 enchiladas.
15. Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13 oven ready dish with a little of the enchilada sauce.
16. Place the rolled enchiladas in the dish seam side up.
17. Cover the enchiladas completely with sauce.
18. Sprinkle a little of the pepper jack cheese on each enchilada.
19. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven
This great low fat cheese enchilada recipe is ready to serve.... yum yum !
Cheese Enchilada Casserole
CHEESE ENCHILADA RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon leaf oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, or a Mexican blend of cheeses
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 16 (6-inch) corn tortillas
sliced ripe olives In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. In a small bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups cheese and onions. Preheat oven to 350°. Warm tortillas in microwave then dip them in the tomato sauce mixture; lay them in a lightly greased 9x13x2-inch casserole dish. Fill each tortilla with cheese and onion mixture; roll. Repeat until dish is full. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. 4 Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cheese enchiladas are ready to serve 8 great persons....enjoy it !
Cheese Enchilada Recipe
Try this amazing recipe. Remember that the enchilada sauce you use is very important to the success of your dish.
Cheese Enchilada Recipe Ingredients:
* 1 lb of mild cheddar cheese, grated
* corn tortillas
* vegetable oil
* 1/4-1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion
* Enchilada sauce, heated
* sour cream, optional
* guacamole, optional
Cheese Enchilada Recipe Instructions:
Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat.You will need some tongs and a plate or tray to assemble your enchiladas.Using tongs, dip two corn tortillas at a time into the hot oil. When the tortillas start to bubble, lift and dip them into the oil 3 times fairly quickly.
The goal here is to make the tortillas soft and tender. If the tortillas are left in the oil too long they will get hard and be difficult to roll. If that happens just toss them out and start over.
The other option is to go ahead and keep cooking them in the oil until they become hard. These can be used as tostada shells if you like.
Back to dipping the tortillas 3 quick times in the oil. Once you do this, dip the tortillas into hot enchilada sauce to coat. Now put the tortillas on a plate to cool one minute or two.
Add a handfull of the grated cheddar cheese and sprinkle some onion down the center of one tortilla and roll it. Do this by grabbing one end of the tortilla and bringing it 3/4 of the way over to the other end. Tuck and roll the tortilla.
Pick up the cheese enchilada with your fore fingers on the botton where the seam is. Let your pinky fingers cover the ends of the enchilada to keep the cheese from falling out while you move it to an oven proof dish.With a little practice you will be a pro in no time at this.Using a ladle, pour hot enchilada sauce over the top of the cheese enchiladas and let plenty of sauce run down the sides. Remember, the sauce is what makes it! Sprinkle more cheddar cheese and onion on top in the desired amount. Now let taste this great cheese enchilada ....mmmm..!
"Hot is Better"
Fisr of all preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place your enchiladas in the oven. Heat the cheese enchiladas until they look somewhat flat and the sauce is bubbling. This will probably take 15 minutes or more. Remember, you want to make sure the cheese inside the enchilada is melted.....mmm nice !
Cheese enchilada recipes: chicken-cream-cheese-enchilada