A great cheese enchilada recipe to try !
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, very old, sharp shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 16 ounces kidney beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash red hot pepper sauce (eg. Tabasco)
- 12 each corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 x vegetable oil
Toss together 2 1/2 cups cheese and flour.Saute onion in butter.
Remove from heat; stir in cheese mixture. Brown meat; drain.
Add tomato sauce, beans and seasonings; simmer 10 minute.
Dip each tortilla in hot oil to soften.
Place approximately 1/4 cup cheese mixture on each tortilla; roll up tightly.
Place seam side down in an 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 inch baking dish.
Cover with meat mixture.
Cover dish with aluminum foil; bake at 350 degrees F degrees, 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Top with remaining cheese. The cheese enchilada recipe is ready to serve....nice !