- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. each chili powder, garlic powder & ground cumin
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 6 c. shredded, cooked chicken (2 lbs.)
- 3/4 c. bottled salsa
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded 92 c.)
- 1/4 c. chopped black olives
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 cans (14 oz.) enchilada sauce
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have 2 (11 x 7 inch) baking dishes ready.
In large saucepan cook onion in oil for 5 minutes or until translucent. Stir in chili, garlic and cumin. Add cream cheese and cook, over low heat, breaking cheese into chunks with wooden spoon, until melted. Add chicken and salsa. Stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes until hot. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of cheddar cheese and olives.
Wrap tortillas in stacks of 8, in foil. Heat in oven 8 to 10 minutes until warm and pliable. Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over bottom of pan. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes.