A great cheese enchilada recipe to try !
- 1 cup anasazi beans slightly pureed*
- 1/2 cup rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup tofu drained
- 1/4 cup sweet bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, spring or green onions chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese grated
- 10 ounces enchilada sauce
- 10 each corn tortillas
Mix first five ingredients together. Add 2 tablespoons. enchilada sauce.
Moisten tortillas in warmed enchilada sauce. Fill tortilla with mixture and roll.
Place in greased 6 1/2 inch by 10 1/2 inch pan with the opening of the roll down.
Any remaining sauce should be poured on top of the enchiladas once the pan is filled. Place cheeses on top and bake at 300 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
* "Anasazi" is a Navajo word meaning "ancient one." Anasazi beans have been found in many southwestern Indian dwellings.
The cheese enchilada recipe of anasazi tofu is ready to serve,...enjoy it !